258 Durham Road
Newtown, PA 18940
Patrick O’Mahoney – All Ireland and World Champion Dancer, party of the Riverdance troupe
Solo Dance Speeds
Please refer to the list below for the speeds that will be played for each level during the competitions.
Beginner: Reel (124), Light Jig (116), Single Jig (124), Slip Jig (124), Traditional Treble Jig — One Step Only (92)
Intermediate: Reel (113), Light Jig (116), Single Jig (124), Slip Jig (113), Traditional Treble Jig (92), Traditional Hornpipe (138), Traditional Set Dance is St. Patrick’s Day only
Novice: Reel (113), Slip Jig (113), Slow Speed Treble Jig (73), Slow Speed Hornpipe (113), Traditional Set Dance of Choice
Prizewinner & Champion: Reel (113), Slip Jig (113), Slow Speed Treble Jig (73), Slow Speed Hornpipe (113), Traditional Set Dance of Choice, Non-traditional Set Dance of choice (Champ Only — must provide the music)
** Note: The St. Patrick’s Day and The Blackbird will not be offered at the Prizewinner and Champ levels
- Check-in, awards and food in the smaller ballroom.
- All dancing will take place in the main ballroom on 2 stages by level (example: beginner U8 and U12 on each stage) for the beginner, intermediate and Ceili competitions.
- Novice, Prizewinner and Champ will run slower with only one stage and one judge
- All levels will start with soft shoe dances and then return to do hard shoe dances.
- All awards will be posted in the smaller ballroom, and awards picked up at the trophy table once all dances for that level have been completed.
- Dancers may leave once they have completed all their solo and Ceili dances.
Things To Do Nearby:
Rosebank Winery offers wine tasting, open to the public, from 11am – 5pm in the winery’s main building.
** You must be 21 years or older
Any questions you have regarding the competition should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.