258 Durham Road
Newtown, PA 18940
December 2, 2018
This event has passed. See you in 2019!
Corey Purcell – An award winning Irish step-dancer and musician
Solo Dance Speeds
Please refer to the list below for the speeds that will be played for each level during the competitions.
Beginner: Reel (124), Light Jig (116), Single Jig (124), Slip Jig (124), Traditional Treble Jig — One Step Only (92)
Intermediate: Reel (113), Light Jig (116), Single Jig (124), Slip Jig (113), Traditional Treble Jig (92), Traditional Hornpipe (138), Traditional Set Dance is St. Patrick’s Day only
Novice & Prizewinner: Reel (113), Slip Jig (113), Slow Speed Treble Jig (73), Slow Speed Hornpipe (113), Traditional Set Dance of Choice
Champion: Reel (113), Slip Jig (113), Slow Speed Treble Jig (73), Slow Speed Hornpipe (113), Traditional Set Dance of Choice, Non-traditional Set Dance of choice (Must provide your own music)
9:00 – Beginner competition (followed by First Feis)
10:30 – Intermediate Competition
12:00 – All Ceili Competitions
1:00 – Novice Competition
2:00 – Prizewinner & Open Champ
- Check-in, awards and food in the smaller ballroom.
- All dancing will take place in the main ballroom on 2 stages by level (example: beginner U8 and U12 on each stage) for the beginner, intermediate and Ceili competitions.
- Novice, Prizewinner and Champ will run slower with only one stage and one judge
- All levels will start with soft shoe dances and then return to do hard shoe dances.
- All awards will be posted in the smaller ballroom, and awards picked up at the trophy table once all dances for that level have been completed.
- Dancers are expected to be ready to dance when their competition is called.
- Dancers may leave once they have completed all their solo and Ceili dances.
Things To Do Nearby:
Rosebank Winery offers wine tasting, open to the public, from 11am – 5pm in the winery’s main building.
** You must be 21 years or older
Any questions you have regarding the competition should be sent to email@example.com.